Monday, January 4, 2016

Today's Hospital Visit

Currently I'm battling a severe bout with anemia due to my continuing Crohn's flare up. Normal hemoglobin levels range from around 13-15 and my hemoglobin level is at 6.9. Due to such a low blood count my doctor ordered me to get iron infusions which I've had in the past. He also ordered a colonoscopy which I couldn't be more thrilled about. 😑 I hope you caught the sarcasm if not I'm very sarcastic and you'll catch on by frequently reading my blogs. My doctor also scheduled me for a bunch of other tests which included an MRI which I got today. 

I fell asleep last night around 5:30am due to my ongoing insomnia which usually wouldn't be a problem except I had my MRI scheduled for 10 and had to be there at 8:45am (I am NOT a morning person). So that left me getting around 3 hours of sleep which is the usual for me. I arrived to the hospital, got checked in and the first thing I get to do is drink 3 bottles of the barium shake. For those of you who haven't had it, it's disgusting and last time made me throw up. I managed to get down 2 out of the 3 bottles which they said was enough to view my intestines. 

Next up was the dreaded IV...

I don't care how many IVs I've got in my life, I swear I'll never get used to them. I refuse to get the IV put in my hand because I feel like it hurts the most. Yes, I'm the asshole who tells the nurse I'll only get the IV if it's in my arm. So in goes the IV which goes well but still doesn't feel great then...

I get a shot of something that will slow down my digestive tract so they can see it better with the MRI. Lastly I get to lay down on my stomach and slide into that tiny ass loud MRI tube for a good half hour while they do the test. 

Overall everything went smooth with the procedure. Now I'm sitting here watching TV with my arm SORE from the IV and I can't wait to do it again in the future! (U picked up that sarcasm again I hope bc they'll keep coming) Just another joyful day in the life of a person with Crohn's or as many people call "us"....."Crohnies"

Hoping for a cure & to be able to sleep tonight😴

peace out ✌🏻️

1 comment:

  1. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Iron Infusion Cost Selangor, KL

    ReplyDelete