Monday, January 4, 2016

First time ever blogging...

I never in a million years thought I would be "that person" that was blogging, especially not blogging about my Crohn's/Colitis. When I was diagnosed in 2008 with my disease I was embarrassed and ashamed. I didn't want a single soul to know about my disease. Not my Mom, Dad, brother, sisters, NOBODY!
In the beginning I had so much rage built up inside me that I took it out on the people I love the most....my family. I was in a state of denial and shock the first year of having this life changing disease. I kept telling myself that it would go away, that this is just a mistake and my life would soon go back to normal. Well after a few months of waiting to wake up from this horrible nightmare, I never did. I finally realized that this is now my life and I needed to "buck up" as my Dad would say and do what needs to be done to carry on with my life, even if it meant I had to carry this disease along with me.
With this being my very first blog I'm not sure how this all works. I was inspired late last night by another blogger with Crohn's. I thought to myself..."if she can blog about her disease and life, why can't I?" While I was reading other people's blogs I realized that they could vent all of their frustrations and concerns by simply blogging. Then it clicked, why can't I do it too. The embarrassment from my disease and the symptoms that come along with it are the main reason I've been so hesitant over the years but I really don't care anymore. I realized I needed a way to vent, to let out all of my frustrations out freely that have built up over the years. If reading someone else's blog about having Crohn's helped me realize I could do the same and blog about my experience, I want to inspire others to do the same. Even if I help or inspire one person to feel comfortable talking freely about their disease like I now am, I will be happy.
I didn't know how well I'd be at this blogging thing but I could care less. If you see a misspelling or grammar error you can let me know but chances are I won't care. This feels good already, my first blog and it feels right. Here's hoping to one day finding a cure because no one deserves to live with a disease like this...no one. Hopefully this blogging thing helps me and you. It's been real people, but I'm out.
✌🏻️ hegotcrohns

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are blogging about your journey. You are doing GREAT!!! It WILL help you and it WILL bring awareness to others. Thank you so much for the comment you left on Jenni's Guts about me inspiring you to do this. I feel very honored and excited that I reached you and could make a small difference in how you are choosing to live with your illness. That's all I ever wanted. But I am so very sorry that you are sick. No one deserves this. :(

    Now go, blog, write, live, love, do whatever you need to do that helps you. Be proud of your accomplishments and know that you are NOT alone and NEVER EVER feel ashamed or embarrassed again! Jenni's Guts has your back! Let's do this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Jenni! I'm just reading these bc I've been MIA due to being sickπŸ˜’ but you did inspire me! And I'm so glad I found your blog bc it's very encouraging and cool to know your not alone. I'll be blogging more often I hope now that I'm feeling much better! πŸ˜„

      Delete